Forum: Ruby on Rails Good and Bad Experiences with Hosting Companies

DJ Tequila (Guest)
I'm about to get hosting for an on-line shop application in the UK. I'm
leaning towards Bytemark, as they seem to have the right product range
and attitude. Support sound knowledgeable and helpful and they show a
marked preference for Debian, which I happen to be fond of.

Has anyone tried them? Has anyone had good or bad experiences with other
hosting companies they'd like to share?

Ben
Alex Y. (Guest)
DJ Tequila wrote:
> I'm about to get hosting for an on-line shop application in the UK. I'm
> leaning towards Bytemark, as they seem to have the right product range
> and attitude. Support sound knowledgeable and helpful and they show a
> marked preference for Debian, which I happen to be fond of.
Not only do they have a preference for Debian, they donate, too.  They
also do nice deals for free software authors.  Mucho karma.

> Has anyone tried them?
I've been with them since very early on, with a couple of virtual
machines, but I'm thinking of switching to a dedicated server with them.
Highly competent all round.
Tom T. (Guest)
DJ Tequila wrote:
> Has anyone tried them? Has anyone had good or bad experiences with other
> hosting companies they'd like to share?

I have a VM with them. Very competent. Quick to reply. Nice bunch of
people. Definitely recommended!

Tom