Forum: Ruby on Rails large controller

Philipp Engel (Guest)
Hello there,

I have been thinking about this for some time now, but I am not
experienced enough using Rails to solve the Problem on my own.

I have a Rails application that has an admin section, from where you
can, well, administer the whole thing.
I have CRUD functionality for several data structures there. So the
controller is getting big, and I don't want that,
but I feel I have no choice, as I want to keep the Admin section in
one place, something like  /admin/.

So what I am looking for is something like subcategories of a
controller, or sub-controllers perhaps?

I have the two Models 'News' and 'Faqs' for example, and I want to
access their CRUD functionality under
/admin/faqs/ and /admin/news/, something like this: /admin/news/edit/1

Is this possible at all?
If not, how would you do it?

Thanks,

Philipp
Michael T. (Guest)
I'm a bit confused, does this not work for you:

script/generate controller admin/faq

-Michael
Philipp Engel (Guest)
Hello Michael,

Am 15.05.2006 um 19:18 schrieb Michael T.:
> I'm a bit confused, does this not work for you:
> script/generate controller admin/faq

that's embarassing now. But how could I have known it might be so easy?
Ok, I forgot I am working with rails here ;)

So: Thank you very much for pointing that out to me!

Philipp
Michael T. (Guest)
Don't be embarrased.  It took me forever to figure that one out,
especially since it gets rewritten as Admin::FaqController

Glad it worked.

Michael