Forum: Ruby on Rails Drag and drop tutorials/examples?

Nick C. (Guest)
on 2006-05-15 16:34
Just finished our first proper rails app and I'm trying to add some AJAX
effects for the first time. I've got Rails Recipes and the Rails
Cookbook, none of their examples seem to be a good fit with what I'm
trying to achieve. Which is...

I have 2 lists of users. One for assigned users, one for unassigned
users. I want to be able to drag users between the lists to either
assign or unassign them.

Pointers? Can anyone suggest some good tutorials or example code?

Thx
Nick
Michael T. (Guest)
Check out the scriptaculous sortables demo:

http://wiki.script.aculo.us/scriptaculous/show/Sor...

Michael
Nick C. (Guest)
on 2006-05-15 19:04
Michael T. wrote:
> Check out the scriptaculous sortables demo:
>
> http://wiki.script.aculo.us/scriptaculous/show/Sor...
>
> Michael

That's pretty much what I'm after. Unfortunately rails' sortable_element
doesn't seem to support dragging to another container. What's the
workaround?

thx
Nick
Erlend S. (Guest)
On Mon, 2006-05-15 at 17:04 +0200, Nick C. wrote:
> Michael T. wrote:
> > Check out the scriptaculous sortables demo:
> >
> > http://wiki.script.aculo.us/scriptaculous/show/Sor...
> >
> > Michael
>
> That's pretty much what I'm after. Unfortunately rails' sortable_element
> doesn't seem to support dragging to another container. What's the
> workaround?

The workaround is reading the documentation, especially the containment
section at
http://wiki.script.aculo.us/scriptaculous/show/Sor...

( :containment => ['sortable_id_1', 'sortable_id_2'] )
--
Erlend S. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>