Forum: Ruby on Rails Flash & Rails Data passing

Gopal B. (Guest)

I am new to Rails and we are creating a web 2.0 app where we are
integrating Rails and Flash.

I dont know how to pass the values from flash to Rails to save in
database.

We have integrated the above specified with PHP and Rails.

How to get the data from database and pass on the Flash thru Rails.

Wht i exactly need is,

We have 3 list box where when i select the first list box i need to
dynamically have the second list box have the data belongs to first list
box and the same for third list box form second list box.

The list box runs in flash and we are using Rails as our framework for
this application.

Can anyone help me out.

Thanx
g.balaji
Roberto S. (Guest)
from flash directly to rails: REST is probably the easiest, JSON is
another
option, but requires a JSON library at flash-side.

if you pass your data first from Flash to javascirpt, then there are a
lot
of jascript-bridges (e.g. http://aflax.org)
Sebastien A. (Guest)

From Flash to Rails, a regular POST is perfect and to reply from Rails
to Flash, XML is an easy way to do it. And the 'to_xml' of Rails is
amazing for that !

Rdgs,

Sebastien