Forum: Ruby on Rails hi all

Shai R. (Guest)
Not much I can say except that I am very excited to enter this new
world(solely for me of course, kind of late) of rubyonrails.If anyone
has any patience or just plain kindness to help me on my first steps
(leaps?) , I would greatly appreciate any links, references, tips,
hellos, or whatever else is offered.
Thanks ahead of time,

   Shai R.
Octava
Alder G. (Guest)
On 5/15/06, Shai R. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

>    Shai R.
>
> Octava

Shalom Shai

Enjoy your stay!

(btw, your stated email address is invalid - "DNS Error: Domain name
not found". might want to check that)
Nahalingam n. K. (Guest)

HELLO from naha.(as you expected).
Daniel -. (Guest)
Hi Shai,

Welcome...  I guess the first port of call is the Wiki on
www.rubyonrails.org.  There are lots of things on there to keep you
interested.  Also there are many tutorials on blogs etc.

Ruby skills are a must have and there are various docs on the
www.ruby-lang.org site.

If you after a book to really get you started, there are a couple of
very
good ones.
Agile Web D. On Rails 2nd Ed.
http://www.pragmaticprogrammer.com/title/rails/

Also David Blacks book,  Ruby for Rails is an excellent title.
http://www.manning.com/black/

Other than that Google is your friend.

Good Hunting.