Forum: GNU Radio 48KHz audio board

Vincenzo P. (Guest)
sorry, i know that the question might be silly but:

my audio board requires 48Ksps
the fm receiver in gnu radio examples delivers to it 32Ksps instead.
setting a overall decimation factor of 1320 i can get as near as 48484
samples/sec.

but even if much better, this still gives problems. and there's no
integer factor that can take 64Msps to exactly 48Ksps.

can anyone help a newbie?

Thanks

Vincenzo P.

Italy
Daniel O'Connor (Guest)
On Sunday 14 May 2006 07:19, Vincenzo P. wrote:
> my audio board requires 48Ksps
> the fm receiver in gnu radio examples delivers to it 32Ksps instead.
> setting a overall decimation factor of 1320 i can get as near as 48484
> samples/sec.
>
> but even if much better, this still gives problems. and there's no
> integer factor that can take 64Msps to exactly 48Ksps.
>
> can anyone help a newbie?

I think you need a resampling function (or a smarter sound card ;)

eg sox can resample from one frequency to another, I don't know if there
is
such a block in GNURadio though.
Eric B. (Guest)
On Sat, May 13, 2006 at 11:49:03PM +0200, Vincenzo P. wrote:
> can anyone help a newbie?
>
> Thanks
>
> Vincenzo P.
> Italy

If you're using ALSA, try plughw:0,0

  or

use gr-audio-oss instead.

Eric
Eric B. (Guest)
On Sun, May 14, 2006 at 08:37:11AM +0930, Daniel O'Connor wrote:

> I think you need a resampling function (or a smarter sound card ;)
>
> eg sox can resample from one frequency to another, I don't know if there is
> such a block in GNURadio though.

gr.rational_resampler.

See gnuradio-examples/audio/test_resampler.py

Eric