Forum: GNU Radio depad for atsc 2

Charles S. (Guest)
I just added atsc_depad to cvs gr-atsc.

The 2.x code worked thru derandomizer, but the output was
atsc_mpeg_packet padded out to 256, which xine/mplayer won't
play. Kludging atsc_mpeg_packet pad to 0 in atsc_types.h
worked with a warning from gnuradio about output not being
a power-of-2.  atsc_depad reads padded atsc_mpeg_packets
and writes 188 byte char packets. That function might be
better built into derandomizer anyway.

Also put the 0.9 boundary checking in the atsc_viterbi_decoder.
That was causing problems getting past bumps in the input
signal like usrp overrun dropped packets.

Also added the missing gr_agc.h for atsc_fpll.

--Chuck
Martin D. (Guest)
Charles S. wrote:
> Also put the 0.9 boundary checking in the atsc_viterbi_decoder.
> That was causing problems getting past bumps in the input
> signal like usrp overrun dropped packets.
>
> Also added the missing gr_agc.h for atsc_fpll.
gr_agc.h is still in gnuradio-2.x but it was renamed to gri_agc.h 4
months ago.
The i was added to make it consistent with the rest of the gnuradio
framework,
to distinguish flowgraph blocks from helper function objects (gri_agc is
a helper object).

At the same time a compex agc was added as gri_agc_cc.h

These are now also used in the gr_agc_cc and gr_agc_ff blocks.

Greetings,
Martin