Forum: Ruby Any update on SoC students?

Alex S. (Guest)
on 2006-05-12 17:30
I saw the announcement a couple of weeks back now, was wondering if Ruby
Central has been getting a good response? Any students stepped up to the
refactoring tools challenge? Python seemed to attract a lot of
interesting projects last year, hopefully Ruby will be benefiting
similarly this year.
Austin Z. (Guest)
On 5/12/06, Alex S. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> I saw the announcement a couple of weeks back now, was wondering if Ruby
> Central has been getting a good response? Any students stepped up to the
> refactoring tools challenge? Python seemed to attract a lot of
> interesting projects last year, hopefully Ruby will be benefiting
> similarly this year.

The mentors are currently reviewing all of the student applications.
Google will be announcing the selected projects on the 23rd, I think.

-austin
James G. (Guest)
On May 12, 2006, at 8:30 AM, Alex S. wrote:

> I saw the announcement a couple of weeks back now, was wondering if
> Ruby
> Central has been getting a good response?

I think so, yes.  There are over 80 applications.

> Any students stepped up to the refactoring tools challenge?

Multiple students applied for this project, yes.

James Edward G. II
pat eyler (Guest)
On 5/12/06, James Edward G. II <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> On May 12, 2006, at 8:30 AM, Alex S. wrote:

> I think so, yes.  There are over 80 applications.
>
> > Any students stepped up to the refactoring tools challenge?
>
> Multiple students applied for this project, yes.

To this, I can only say "w00t!".  I hope the interest in it pays off,
it would be great to see some better automated refactoring tools
become available.