Forum: Ruby on Rails Do you store the source of third-parties plugins you rely on

Thibaut Barrère (Guest)
Hi!

well the subject is telling everything - I'm just curious to know how
other
railers handle this (for me the answer is yes, clearly!)

cheers

Thibaut
Surendra S. (Guest)
"Thibaut Barrère" <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
writes:

> Hi!
>
> well the subject is telling everything - I'm just curious to know how other
> railers handle this (for me the answer is yes, clearly!)

It depends, generally I just use svn:externals and point to their
repository, unless I think I need to modify their plugin, in which case
store it in my version control.

But while deploying the application, I use capistrano, which svn
exports everything and hence even the code of the plugin is also pulled
in.

HTH.

--
Surendra S.