Forum: Ruby on Rails Dynamic data passing thru Rails to Flash

Gopal B. (Guest)

I am using Flash Dashboard and 3 sets of listbox.

When i change my first list box say name i need to dynamically change
the second list box and from the second list box when i choose an name i
need to change the content according to this in the third list box.

How can i pass this datas from database in rails.

thanx
g.balaji
Gopal B. (Guest)
on 2006-05-12 07:34
gopal balaji wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using Flash Dashboard and 3 sets of listbox.
>
> When i change my first list box say name i need to dynamically change
> the second list box and from the second list box when i choose an name i
> need to change the content according to this in the third list box.
>
> How can i pass this datas from database in rails.
>

> thanx
> g.balaji

Anyone help me with my query.

I have 3 list box from which, When i select the first list box data i
need the second list box data relevant to the first one selected and the
same for the third list box.I need to pick the data from database and
pass it to the flash.

How can i do this with rails.

Any thoughts or help.

gbalaji
Eric G. (Guest)
Hi Gopal,
Can you narrow down your problem at bit.

Are you having trouble accessing you database in your Rails app?
Are you having trouble passing data to Flash from your database?
Are you having trouble building a dynamic listbox from the results of a
previous listbox?

If you can narrow the problem down I'm sure someone will be able to help
you. Make sure to include any errors that you are getting.

-Eric G.
ericgoodwin.com
Daniel -. (Guest)
This is difficult to do with IE.  Most would use RJS for the
implementation.

If you search the archives, Ezra provided a solution to this.  Search
for
posts with Dynamic in their title and you'll find it.
Jason P. (Guest)
on 2006-05-12 10:45
> How can i do this with rails.
>
> Any thoughts or help.
>
> gbalaji

Might not be what you need, but one option to consider if you can't
figure it out is to output to an XML file.  XML is easy to deal with in
Flash
Guest (Guest)
on 2006-05-12 19:19
Eric G. wrote:
> Hi Gopal,
> Can you narrow down your problem at bit.
>
> Are you having trouble accessing you database in your Rails app?
> Are you having trouble passing data to Flash from your database?
> Are you having trouble building a dynamic listbox from the results of a
> previous listbox?
>
> If you can narrow the problem down I'm sure someone will be able to help
> you. Make sure to include any errors that you are getting.
>
> -Eric G.
> ericgoodwin.com

Hi Eric,
Thanks for your reply.

Yes I need to have "Trouble in buildeing a dynamic listbox from the
results of a previous listbox".

I dont know how to approach this.

We are previously doing this in php where we fill pass from flash to and
fro to php and we need need to do this using rails.If you can help us it
will be of great help.

Thanx
G.Balaji
Gopal B. (Guest)
on 2006-05-13 09:13
Guest wrote:
> Eric G. wrote:
>> Hi Gopal,
>> Can you narrow down your problem at bit.
>>
>> Are you having trouble accessing you database in your Rails app?
>> Are you having trouble passing data to Flash from your database?
>> Are you having trouble building a dynamic listbox from the results of a
>> previous listbox?
>>
>> If you can narrow the problem down I'm sure someone will be able to help
>> you. Make sure to include any errors that you are getting.
>>
>> -Eric G.
>> ericgoodwin.com
>
> Hi Eric,
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> Yes I need to have "Trouble in buildeing a dynamic listbox from the
> results of a previous listbox".
>
> I dont know how to approach this.
>
> We are previously doing this in php where we fill pass from flash to and
> fro to php and we need need to do this using rails.If you can help us it
> will be of great help.
>
> Thanx
> G.Balaji

Any thoughts on passing dynamicaly data from database to subsequent list
box.

Meaning - I have 3 list box
I need the first list box to show from database and when its related
data in 2 listbox and when i choose it shows the subsequent in 3rd.

ex.

Campaign 1 -
                            ver 1
                                   name 1