Forum: Ruby on Rails Rails in Dr. Dobbs Journal ?

Jean-François (Guest)

I've read that Dr. Dobbs Journal's last issue has a cover article about
Rails titled "Ruby On Rails - Java's Successor?". Can't find anything
about it in http://www.ddj.com

Does someone have the paper edition and can confirm that, and tell
how the article looks like, and so on.

Thanks,

    -- Jean-François.
Ben M. (Guest)
Yep... I've got it right here. It's the June issue, which I believe is
the copy they'll be
handing out for free to 15,000 java programmers at JavaOne next week.
:-)

I haven't had time to read the article yet, but it runs about three
pages and has a
sidebar interview with DHH. Skimming it, it looks like a decent
introduction to the
benefits of Ruby and Rails.

Pat L. (Guest)

I'm a newbie to RoR - I'm going thru the AWDWR ["Agile Web D.
with Rails"] book...
The article on Rails is the cover article...
It's a good read and worth looking for...

RoR was also give a 'Jolt' award in the same issue as was the AWDWR
book...So was MySQL 5.0

Ciao,
Pat
Jean-François (Guest)
2006/5/11, Ben M. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>:
> Yep... I've got it right here. It's the June issue, which I believe is
> the copy they'll be handing out for free to 15,000 java programmers
> at JavaOne next week. :-)
>
> I haven't had time to read the article yet, but it runs about three
> pages and has a sidebar interview with DHH. Skimming it, it looks
> like a decent introduction to the benefits of Ruby and Rails.

Thanks everyone for your replies, it seems that the article is online :
http://www.ddj.com/dept/architect/187203512?pgno=1

   -- Jean-François.
Pat L. (Guest)
Read it, you'll like it. Be sure to read the article "A Conversation
with David Heinemeir Hansson" (he's the co-author of AWDWR.
Also, note the RoR was given the Jolt award...
Ciao
Dan H. (Guest)
Excellent.

Be sure to digg it...