Forum: Ruby on Rails Route problem

Nuno (Guest)
on 2006-05-11 13:30
Hello, with these routes.rb rules :

map.connect '', :language => 'fr', :controller => 'welcome'
map.connect ':language/:controller/:action/:id'

/fr/welcome or /en/welcome works fine but
/fr/somethingelse produce an error

Routing Error

Recognition failed for "/fr/static/bio"

Any idea or good tutorial about routes ?

Thanks
Erik van Oosten (Guest)
Did you try switching the order?

     Erik.

Nuno schreef:
Nuno (Guest)
on 2006-05-11 13:59
Erik van Oosten wrote:
> Did you try switching the order?
>
>      Erik.
>
> Nuno schreef:

No but I tried this

map.connect ':language/:controller/:action/'

and it works ! Why ? Dunno...

I really need a good, a very good, routes.rb tutorial. Every day I learn
something more about RoR, every new view or controller is cleaner than
the previous one, I've learnt about tests, engines, migrations,
credentials but I'm still a bit lost when I comes to setup a route...