Forum: Ruby on Rails Ticket/Issue support system

Per-olof H. (Guest)
on 2006-05-11 12:06
Hi
I am looking for a Open Source RoR-based system for handling support
issues for our customers.

I needs to be simple so that the end user easily can add support issues.
We also need to administer the issues (assign to developer/support
person), schedule, and list issues (tickets).

I have found SimpleTickets, which seems to be a good alternative, but I
would like to know if any one else out there is developing something.

Cheers,

Per-Olof H.
Jim C. (Guest)
On May 11, 2006, at 8:06 PM, Per-Olof H. wrote:
> I am looking for a Open Source RoR-based system for handling support
> issues for our customers.

Why RoR? Why not Trac? :-)

-jim
Per-olof H. (Guest)
on 2006-05-11 13:05
Jim C. wrote:
> On May 11, 2006, at 8:06 PM, Per-Olof H. wrote:
>> I am looking for a Open Source RoR-based system for handling support
>> issues for our customers.
>
> Why RoR? Why not Trac? :-)
>
> -jim

Our end users are not technical enough to handle Trac. Firstly we need
it to be in Swedish, and much less options. I have tried to get
customers to add tickets with Trac, and they just don´t do it - the user
interface is too technical, and too many options.

We need just:
Subject,
Priority (time-wise or 1..5)
Type of issue (Bug, Enhancement, Network, How-to-do, etc)
Description.

And some views to show Open and Closed Issues, and also what we have
done to an issue.

On the administrative (Back End) side we of course need more (Assigned
to etc)

The issues are also not linked to the software source code, it might be
issues on user usage, i.e how the use the software, technical issues
linked to to OS, etc.

For us Trac is for our internal tracking of software development issues.

We could use Trac, if there was some kind of "skin" or template that
hides most of the options when adding a ticket, setting them to some
default value.

Per-Olof
Peter De Berdt (Guest)
On 11 May 2006, at 11:05, Per-Olof H. wrote:

> it to be in Swedish, and much less options. I have tried to get
> customers to add tickets with Trac, and they just don´t do it - the
> user
> interface is too technical, and too many options.

Looking at the features you want, why wouldn't you use SimpleTicket?
It has a nice interface and nice features and with a little bit of
work, you can localize it.

Best regards

Peter De Berdt
Per-olof H. (Guest)
on 2006-05-11 15:01
Peter De Berdt wrote:

> Looking at the features you want, why wouldn't you use SimpleTicket?
> It has a nice interface and nice features and with a little bit of
> work, you can localize it.
>
> Best regards
>
> Peter De Berdt

I just want to make sure that nobody is sitting with a nice alternative
before commiting ourselves,

Per-olof