Forum: Ruby on Rails AJAX effects

Mohammad (Guest)
on 2006-05-10 18:37
I was at http://rails.techno-weenie.net/ and I like what ajax does when
you click on "login" how can I do this on my own website? Is this with
the defualt JS libary?
Dave C. (Guest)
on 2006-05-10 19:19
Mohammad wrote:
> I was at http://rails.techno-weenie.net/ and I like what ajax does when
> you click on "login" how can I do this on my own website? Is this with
> the defualt JS libary?

Check Out: http://script.aculo.us/
and:
http://wiki.script.aculo.us/scriptaculous/show/Com...
Wilson B. (Guest)
On 5/10/06, Mohammad <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> I was at http://rails.techno-weenie.net/ and I like what ajax does when
> you click on "login" how can I do this on my own website? Is this with
> the defualt JS libary?

You can see how it's done here:
http://svn.techno-weenie.net/projects/rails_help/

It's not AJAX, just a cool Javascript effect. Search for 'Panels' in
this file:
http://svn.techno-weenie.net/projects/rails_help/p...
Mohammad (Guest)
on 2006-05-10 19:53
Wilson B. wrote:
> On 5/10/06, Mohammad <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
>> I was at http://rails.techno-weenie.net/ and I like what ajax does when
>> you click on "login" how can I do this on my own website? Is this with
>> the defualt JS libary?
>>

> You can see how it's done here:
> http://svn.techno-weenie.net/projects/rails_help/
>
> It's not AJAX, just a cool Javascript effect. Search for 'Panels' in
> this file:
> http://svn.techno-weenie.net/projects/rails_help/p...

It's not under panels
Mohammad (Guest)
on 2006-05-10 19:54
David C. wrote:
> Mohammad wrote:
>> I was at http://rails.techno-weenie.net/ and I like what ajax does when
>> you click on "login" how can I do this on my own website? Is this with
>> the defualt JS libary?
>
> Check Out: http://script.aculo.us/
> and:
> http://wiki.script.aculo.us/scriptaculous/show/Com...
So maybe it's .slidedown with a transparncey so how do I set a 80%
transparncy?
Wilson B. (Guest)
On 5/10/06, Mohammad <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> > It's not AJAX, just a cool Javascript effect. Search for 'Panels' in
> > this file:
> > http://svn.techno-weenie.net/projects/rails_help/p...
>
> It's not under panels

Aah. The latest version in the repository does it a different way.
You can see it on the live site:
http://rails.techno-weenie.net/javascripts/rails_help.js
Dave C. (Guest)
on 2006-05-10 22:33
Mohammad wrote:
> David C. wrote:
>> Mohammad wrote:
>>> I was at http://rails.techno-weenie.net/ and I like what ajax does when
>>> you click on "login" how can I do this on my own website? Is this with
>>> the defualt JS libary?
>>
>> Check Out: http://script.aculo.us/
>> and:
>> http://wiki.script.aculo.us/scriptaculous/show/Com...
> So maybe it's .slidedown with a transparncey so how do I set a 80%
> transparncy?

The div has an id of "panel". "panel" has a style that applies the
transparency / opacity.
He's using the scriptaculous blindDown toggle effect to show / hide the
div.

Hope that helps.
Dave C. (Guest)
on 2006-05-10 22:38
i actually didnt answer your question:

>so how do I set a 80% transparncy?

beans</div>

false;">show me / hide me</a>

You'll need the scriptaculous js libraries for this to work of course.

http://script.aculo.us/