Forum: Ruby tr method

Corey (Guest)
on 2006-05-10 06:29
was the translate method deprecated, the book that i have used it as an
example but the book is 2002, i am new to p rogramming and ruby so i was
just curious.

Thanks
Daniel B. (Guest)
Corey wrote:
> was the translate method deprecated, the book that i have used it as an
> example but the book is 2002, i am new to p rogramming and ruby so i was
> just curious.
>
> Thanks

Nope, it's not deprecated.  What would make you think so?

Dan
Corey (Guest)
on 2006-05-10 06:48
Daniel B. wrote:
> Corey wrote:
>> was the translate method deprecated, the book that i have used it as an
>> example but the book is 2002, i am new to p rogramming and ruby so i was
>> just curious.
>>
>> Thanks
>>

> Nope, it's not deprecated.  What would make you think so?
>
> Dan

oh never mind i was using wrong i was just using it like tr(arg,arg) its
a method so i have to communicate with an object with it otherwise it
doesnt make any sense.