Forum: Ruby Re: RUBY on 64-bit Windows PCs.

Berger, Daniel (Guest)

<snip>

> end
I'm not sure it's related, but you're unnecessarily reopening your ftp
connection for every file.  My *guess* is that one of those sessions
isn't closing properly, causing it to hang.  Try moving the loop inside
the block:

cindexfiles = Dir.glob("*_*-*.pdf")

Net::FTP.open('mpc.bna.com') do |ftp|
    ftp.debug_mode = true
    ftp.passive = true
    ftp.login(user, passwd)
    ftp.chdir('/data/ps2000test')
    cindexfiles.each do |cindexfile|
       ftp.putbinaryfile(cindexfile)

If that still hangs for some reason, try a non block approach with
Net::FTP and see if that works.

Hope that helps.

Dan

or
strictly
destroy
Peter B. (Guest)
on 2006-05-09 23:01
Berger, Daniel wrote:
> [...]
Yes, I know that I'm iterating ftps here. But, it works on multiple
32-bit machiens. That's why I'm questioning it. Anyway, is there such a
thing as "mput" instead of just "put" in RUBY ftp? Without a block, how
could I send multiple files in ftp?

Thanks again.