Forum: Ruby on Rails subdomain

Prabu P. (Guest)
on 2006-05-09 19:53
hi,

how to create a subdomain outside the public directory

and how to redirect to the subdomain
Chaim Kirby (Guest)
Victor,
The multi-site extension will get you close
(http://github.com/radiant/radiant-multi-site-exten...).
You will still need to define the Kids.westervillelibrary.org domain
outside of radiant (mongrel config, http.conf etc) but you can use the
extension to map a new site in the admin interface to that domain.

Chaim Kirby
removed_email_address@domain.invalid
Children's Hospital Informatics Program
michael starke (Guest)
On 02.06.2009, at 22:01, Victor Zuniga wrote:

> However, the site is not big enough to set up a new box for it. I
> Victor

Hello Victor,

if you're hosting via apache you can add a alias to point to this
location (i guess)
setting up a virtual host via apache should not work, as it's going to
get a new environment.
It's just an educated guess, maybe someone else with in depth apache
knowledge can help you by point the precise solution out.

Greetings
michael

___m i c h a e l   s t a r k e____
        co-founder of
        HicknHack Software GbR
        www.hicknhack.com
        Graphics

___c o n t a c t____
        +49 (170) 3686136
        +49 (351) 4045428
        removed_email_address@domain.invalid

___H i c k n H a c k   S o f t w a r e   G b R____
        maik lathan - andreas reischuck - michael starke
        hübnerstraße 8
        01069 dresden - germany
Victor Zuniga (Guest)
Thanks for the suggestion Chaim!

I'll look into it.

Victor
Victor Zuniga (Guest)
Thanks Michael!

We're using nginx as our web server.

Victor

On 6/2/09 4:09 PM, "michael starke"
wrote:

>> Kids.westervillelibrary.org
>> Thanks,
> It's just an educated guess, maybe someone else with in depth apache
>> Post:   removed_email_address@domain.invalid

Victor Zuniga
Westerville Public Library
126 S. State St. | Westerville, OH 43081
Phone: 614.882.7277 | ext 165
Victor Zuniga (Guest)
Hello,

A follow up question on the multisite extension. I am trying to install
the
extension from
http://github.com/radiant/radiant-multi-site-exten... and
getting the following error message when running the migrations:

** Invoke production (first_time)
** Execute production
** Invoke environment (first_time)
** Execute environment
Could not load extension from file: multi_site_extension.
#<MissingSourceFile: no such file to load -- application_controller>
** Invoke db:migrate:extensions (first_time)
** Invoke environment
** Execute db:migrate:extensions

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Victor
Mohit S. (Guest)
Victor Zuniga wrote:
> ** Invoke environment (first_time)
> ** Execute environment
> Could not load extension from file: multi_site_extension.
> #<MissingSourceFile: no such file to load -- application_controller>
> ** Invoke db:migrate:extensions (first_time)
> ** Invoke environment
> ** Execute db:migrate:extensions

Check the name of the directory to which you installed the extension.
It's quite likely that the directory is supposed to called multisite
rather than multi_site (which is what it sounds like you named it).

See this for help in naming directories:
http://wiki.github.com/radiant/radiant/installing-...

Cheers,
Mohit.
6/7/2009 | 3:24 PM.
Sean C. (Guest)
Josh and the guys at Digital Pulp have started updating multi_site to
work with 0.8-RC1.  You will likely need to install an older version of
the extension for it to work.

Sean
Victor Zuniga (Guest)
Hi Mohit,

Sorry about the delay on replying to your email.

The issue had to do with versioning. Sean, thanks for the hint. I went
ahead
and checked out tag 0.6.9 and was able to install and run the
migrations.

So, I have the extension installed and I am about to start the set up.
Is
there any details I should be aware of? Is there a sample file (virtual
host) I can look at. We're using Nginx as our webserver.

Thanks for the help,

Victor