Forum: Ruby on Rails File_Column Development Dead?

HH (Guest)
I'm curious if anyone knows if development on the file_column plug in is
continuing? I've seen some SVN commits from awhile back but no binary
releases.

Did Sebastian speak at Canada on Rails? Anyone catch that?

What is the future of file_column?
Kyle M. (Guest)
> I'm curious if anyone knows if development on the file_column plug in is
> continuing? I've seen some SVN commits from awhile back but no binary
> releases.

FileColumn isn't dead.  It's just not being actively improved.  Bug
fixes should still be happening....

-Kyle
Chris T (Guest)
Kyle M. wrote:

Any idea how stable the svn commits are? Seem to be quite a few
improvements on the last release.
HH (Guest)
Thanks for the heads up.

As I know you've worked on the code in the past, do you know if the
following is possible:

I use url_for_image_column to create thumbnail views for my image files.
This works great for JPGs and GIFs but for a file like a TIFF,
file_column
dutifully creates a thumbnail but in TIFF format (since the original was
TIFF). Since most browsers don't display TIFFs, this is not what I'm
looking
for.

Do you know if it is possible to specify the file output type for the
Rmagick transformation in the current codebase?

Cheers,
Hunter