Forum: Ruby on Rails Rubyy on rails hosting

Announcement (2017-05-07): www.ruby-forum.com is now read-only since I unfortunately do not have the time to support and maintain the forum any more. Please see rubyonrails.org/community and ruby-lang.org/en/community for other Rails- und Ruby-related community platforms.
Lurlay, Patrick (Guest)
on 2006-05-08 18:51
(Received via mailing list)
All,
  Could any of you recommend an out fit for hosting my rails app that is
not expensive with excellent support.  Thanks

Patrick
Wilson B. (Guest)
on 2006-05-08 19:10
(Received via mailing list)
On 5/8/06, Lurlay, Patrick <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> All,
>   Could any of you recommend an out fit for hosting my rails app that is
> not expensive with excellent support.  Thanks
>
> Patrick

I'm having a lot of luck with Rimu, as are others.
http://rimuhosting.com/

I recommend avoiding any kind of 'shared' hosting for your Rails apps.
 A headache waiting to happen.
Greg D. (Guest)
on 2006-05-08 19:16
(Received via mailing list)
On 5/8/06, Wilson B. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> I recommend avoiding any kind of 'shared' hosting for your Rails apps.
>  A headache waiting to happen.

I disagree.

Lighttpd proxied through Apache is nice in a shared setup.  I have it
so I can restart my Lighttpd instances anytime I want.  The hosting
provider never has to mess with Apache as far as helping me with
restarts.  Not being able to restart your Rails app is very difficult
to deal with sometimes, so this sort of proxied setup works great IMO.


--
Greg D.
Zend Certified Engineer
MySQL Core Certification
http://destiney.com/
Alder G. (Guest)
on 2006-05-08 19:22
(Received via mailing list)
On 5/8/06, Lurlay, Patrick <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> All,
>  Could any of you recommend an out fit for hosting my rails app that is
> not expensive with excellent support.  Thanks
>
> Patrick
> _______________________________________________
> Rails mailing list
> removed_email_address@domain.invalid
> http://lists.rubyonrails.org/mailman/listinfo/rails
>

For high-quality, low cost shared hosting, I'd recommend site5.com.

-Alder
Dan S. (Guest)
on 2006-05-09 05:20
(Received via mailing list)
On 5/9/06, Wilson B. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
>
> I'm having a lot of luck with Rimu, as are others.
> http://rimuhosting.com/
>
> I recommend avoiding any kind of 'shared' hosting for your Rails apps.
>  A headache waiting to happen.

+1

--
Dan S.
www.peoplehub.com.au
www.dansketcher.com
This topic is locked and can not be replied to.