Forum: Ruby Linux system calls howto ?

Nuno (Guest)
on 2006-05-08 04:12
Hello, I would like to understand how the kernel.syscall method must be
used.

For example, what is the syntax to make a call to the 'mount' syscall
defined as :
int  mount(const char *source, const char *target, const char
*filesystemtype, unsigned long mountflags, const void *data)

given that mount call is syscall number 21 under linux

Thanks
Jeremy T. (Guest)
On 7-May-06, at 8:12 PM, Nuno wrote:

> Hello, I would like to understand how the kernel.syscall method
> must be
> used.
>
> For example, what is the syntax to make a call to the 'mount' syscall
> defined as :
> int  mount(const char *source, const char *target, const char
> *filesystemtype, unsigned long mountflags, const void *data)
>
> given that mount call is syscall number 21 under linux

syscall 21, source, target, filesystemtype, mountflags, data

You need to fill in params 1 through 5 though.