Forum: Ruby rb2c modern

Victor S. (Guest)
Hello all.

Is there something like rb2c, but more modern? Last rb2c last version
(0.6.1) seems to be intended for Ruby 1.6 :(

BTW, have somebody used it for real tasks? Can you share your
experience?

Victor.
Eric H. (Guest)
On May 6, 2006, at 10:52 PM, Victor S. wrote:

> Hello all.
>
> Is there something like rb2c, but more modern? Last rb2c last version
> (0.6.1) seems to be intended for Ruby 1.6 :(
>
> BTW, have somebody used it for real tasks? Can you share your
> experience?

Ryan and Davis and I have built one:

http://rubyforge.org/projects/ruby2c

It works ok for algorithmic code.  When done we'll use it to convert
a small non-dynamic ruby subset to plain C.

We also have an obfuscator that works for a subset of ruby.

http://trackmap.robotcoop.com
Victor S. (Guest)
> > Is there something like rb2c, but more modern? Last rb2c last version
> a small non-dynamic ruby subset to plain C.
>
> We also have an obfuscator that works for a subset of ruby.

Thanks Eric!
Looks interesting.
Is there thomething like "getting started", guides etc?

> --
> Eric H. - removed_email_address@domain.invalid - http://blog.segment7.net

Victor.
Ryan D. (Guest)
On May 8, 2006, at 2:23 PM, Victor S. wrote:

> Thanks Eric!
> Looks interesting.
> Is there thomething like "getting started", guides etc?

No. The best we've got are presentation slides and videos. But it is
_fairly_ straightforward to use so just give it a whack.

--
_why: zenspider's most intense moments of solice are immediately
following the slaughter [...]