Forum: Ruby on Rails file_column problem - uninitialized constant Magick

Sam D. (Guest)

I'm on Windows and getting the following error while trying to use
file_column with RMagick,

uninitialized constant Magick

C:/INSTAN~1.0/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-1.3.1/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:123:in
`const_missing'
#{RAILS_ROOT}/vendor/plugins/file_column/branches/kyle/lib/file_column.rb:621:in
`file_column'

I installed file_column by running the following command:

ruby script/plugin install
http://opensvn.csie.org/rails_file_column/plugins/...

It installed fine and I had RMagick installed before that and that ran
fine
too.  I tried reinstalling file_column and RMagick but it doesn't make a
difference.  I have a "require 'RMagick'" statement in my boot.rb file
for
my application to avoid having to 'require' RMagick every time.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Kyle M. (Guest)
On 5/6/06, Sam D. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> #{RAILS_ROOT}/vendor/plugins/file_column/branches/kyle/lib/file_column.rb:621:in
> difference.  I have a "require 'RMagick'" statement in my boot.rb file for
> my application to avoid having to 'require' RMagick every time.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

Try installing from the trunk or tags/rel_0-3-1/.  My branch is
experimental, and out of date.

--
Kyle M.
Chief Technologist