Forum: Typo Updating a prehistoric Typo...

Hal F. (Guest)
I've been putting this off but eventually I'll have to
bite the bullet.

My Typo is old. So old I'm not sure how old. So old I'm
not even sure how to find out what version I have.

I notice some things like test/ are timestamped Oct 5.

I do remember I was updating it from svn -- I also remember I
had migration issues every single time I migrated, and I had
no custom code or anything.

If you were me, where would you start? Besides backing up
the database, that is.

Thanks,
Hal
Kevin B. (Guest)
I would start by backing up the database, pulling down latest trunk,
and seeing if you can migrate up to it. Some time ago a lot of work
was done on the migrations to try and make it as robust as possible,
so it should be a lot better now.

If that fails, come back and ask again.
Scott B. (Guest)
On Sat, 2006-05-06 at 12:34 -0500, Hal F. wrote:
> I do remember I was updating it from svn -- I also remember I
> had migration issues every single time I migrated, and I had
> no custom code or anything.

The BareMigration patch (now in trunk with many improvements thanks to
Piers) should fix any migration issues you saw.

So, back up your DB and prove me wrong!  I don't keep very current on
this list -- email me directly if you notice a migration that's broken.

    - Scott
Gary S. (Guest)
On 6 May 2006, at 18:34, Hal F. wrote:

> If you were me, where would you start? Besides backing up
> the database, that is.

Migrations should be okay, but definitely go for a local install of
Typo to test them before trying it live.

Gary