Forum: Ruby on Rails define the meaning of this error

bash (Guest)
on 2006-05-06 16:30
hi,
i just have this error, can anyone tell me what it means and how i can
fix it thanks.

NameError in HomeController#index
uninitialized constant Student
RAILS_ROOT: ./script/../config/..

This error occured while loading the following files:
   student.rb
Request
Parameters: None

Show session dump

---
user: !ruby/object:User
  attributes:
    id: "13"
    password: 2afdef3e1ba036aa45b6a63421a075aabdbdef19
    login: alaa_z
flash: !map:ActionController::Flash::FlashHash {}

Response
Headers: {"cookie"=>[], "Cache-Control"=>"no-cache"}
Chris T (Guest)
Can you supply some more info. What do your user and student models look
like?
bash (Guest)
on 2006-05-07 02:05
Chris T wrote:
> Can you supply some more info. What do your user and student models look
> like?

user model is just for login which does encryption for the password
before save it in the database. student model is empty:is just contains:
class Student < ActiveRecord::Base
end
i juust tried to get the id of the user to use it to deisplay the
information about the specific student
Alex W. (Guest)
on 2006-05-07 02:42
bash wrote:
> Chris T wrote:
>> Can you supply some more info. What do your user and student models look
>> like?
>
> user model is just for login which does encryption for the password
> before save it in the database. student model is empty:is just contains:
> class Student < ActiveRecord::Base
> end
> i juust tried to get the id of the user to use it to deisplay the
> information about the specific student

Ruby cant find any class named "Student".  As long as student.rb is in
app/models you should be golden.