Forum: Typo Copious Free Time bit enabled

Announcement (2017-05-07): www.ruby-forum.com is now read-only since I unfortunately do not have the time to support and maintain the forum any more. Please see rubyonrails.org/community and ruby-lang.org/en/community for other Rails- und Ruby-related community platforms.
Piers C. (Guest)
on 2006-05-06 11:41
(Received via mailing list)
First up: Sorry for all the recent problems with Typo that followed on
from a couple of my patches; I've spent the last week insanely busy on
paying work which left me too knackered to do anything on Typo in the
evenings.

However, I'm off that contract now[1] and I plan to spend some quality
time with Typo this week.

If anyone's looking for an inflexible, scary and slow programmer for
some paying work, my email address is down there in the signature, I'd
be happy to hear from you.


1. Apparently I'm inflexible, scary and slow. Inflexible? possibly.
   Scary? Well, I suppose a huge shouty fat person could be seen as
   scary. Slow? Wha?
Grant H. (Guest)
on 2006-05-06 11:47
(Received via mailing list)
Many thanks, Piers! Typo is an amazing blog system!
I know it's been a bit on the finicky side lately, but I've beenlearning
a lot about Rails and everything through keeping up with themilestones
and poking around. And it's getting better all the time.
So I hope everything works out well for you.

On 5/6/06, Piers C. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:> First up: 
Sorry
for all the recent problems with Typo that followed on> from a couple of
my patches; I've spent the last week insanely busy on> paying work which
left me too knackered to do anything on Typo in the> evenings.>>
However, I'm off that contract now[1] and I plan to spend some quality>
time with Typo this week.>> If anyone's looking for an inflexible, scary
and slow programmer for> some paying work, my email address is down
there in the signature, I'd> be happy to hear from you.>>> 1. Apparently
I'm inflexible, scary and slow. Inflexible? possibly.>    Scary? Well, I
suppose a huge shouty fat person could be seen as>    scary. Slow?
Wha?>> --> Piers C. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>> 
http://www.bofh.org.uk/>
_______________________________________________> Typo-list mailing list>
removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/typo-list>

--Grant removed_email_address@domain.invalid
Gary S. (Guest)
on 2006-05-06 13:54
(Received via mailing list)
On 6 May 2006, at 08:40, Piers C. wrote:

> First up: Sorry for all the recent problems with Typo that followed on
> from a couple of my patches; I've spent the last week insanely busy on
> paying work which left me too knackered to do anything on Typo in the
> evenings.
>
> However, I'm off that contract now[1] and I plan to spend some quality
> time with Typo this week.

Don't worry, it only affects people on the edge ... and we're on
there to test.  In fact I've picked up a couple of issues and learnt
a couple of things by diving into files and the db because of it.
Trackbacks in particular.

Which is not to say that breakage is good though!  Because we (me)
also point and laugh and say "Piers patch has broke it again" ;)

Cheers

Gary
Piers C. (Guest)
on 2006-05-06 14:25
(Received via mailing list)
Gary S. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> writes:

> Don't worry, it only affects people on the edge ... and we're on
> there to test.  In fact I've picked up a couple of issues and learnt
> a couple of things by diving into files and the db because of it.
> Trackbacks in particular.
>
> Which is not to say that breakage is good though!  Because we (me)
> also point and laugh and say "Piers patch has broke it again" ;)

Yeah, they're usually my patches aren't they?

I think I've got a big one coming up to try and sort out the whole
publication status/trackbacks/whatever situation. The responsibility
for sending pings and the like needs to be moved out into an observer;
conceptually, an article doesn't need to know all that stuff about
pinging things, it just needs to know what it's called, what it
contains, when it was published and what's been said about it. The
Blog is responsible for knowing where to find it, and the (as yet
nonexistent) PublicationObserver will be responsible for noticing that
an article got published and sending out any pings and other
notifications based on the blog's policy settings.

Big changes, but I think it'll make for a conceptually cleaner system,
and conceptual cleanliness is never a bad thing.
Thomaz L. (Guest)
on 2006-05-06 19:28
(Received via mailing list)
On Sat, May 6, 2006 06:23, Piers C. wrote:
> Yeah, they're usually my patches aren't they?
>
> I think I've got a big one coming up to try and sort out the whole
> publication status/trackbacks/whatever situation.

I hope you do this. Typo is great, keep the good work!


--
Thomaz L.
thomaz[at]thomazleite.com (Email, Jabber)
This topic is locked and can not be replied to.