Forum: Ruby on Rails Re: ruby on rails international & BIRT integration?

unknown (Guest)
Juraj,

There's lots of info to be found on the RoR wiki:

http://wiki.rubyonrails.com/rails

Also, check out Globalize:

http://globalize-rails.org/wiki/

Cheers,

Josh
http://shnoo.gr

--- removed_email_address@domain.invalid wrote:
Hello,

>  I see, that Rails is quite english-centric. I am developing some
webs,
> that are not primarily in English. I have a few questions:
>
>  - besides turning of plurals, what should I take care? How to use utf-8

> for all data and converting it from local charsets to utf-8?
>  - how
do I make my page multilingual (i.e. adding english support
> later)? Is
there something like gettext support? Is there a multilingual
> scaffold
support? (So I'll have a web interface where I can translate
> all the messages
used in application).
>  - Is there some web/wiki page talking about internationalization
issues
> in Rails? Should we start one?
>
>  One more question not about
internationalization: is there some BIRT
> (Business Intelligence and Reporting
Tool) integration? Or preferable
> way to make reports (PDF, HTML, ...)
from my existing model?