Forum: Ruby on Rails What do you use RJS for?

Joe (Guest)
on 2006-05-05 03:46
I've read an intro or two for RJS, but I don't fully get what it may be
used for - AJAX? Please post what you currently use RJS for.

Thanks!
Joe
Joe C. (Guest)
The most useful thing to me about RJS is the ability to easily update
multiple div's after an Ajax call. For example, in my svn management
control panel after a new repository is added I use RJS to update the
list of current repositories which is contained in a div. I also
update a div that shows a box detailing how to access the created
repository. Lastly, I hide the "Add" button if the user has reached
his limit on the number of allowed repositories.

RJS allows me to put all these calls in a single, easy to read RJS
file named after the ajax action that is being called. If you are
going to use Ajax at all in your application, it is definitely worth
learning how to use RJS.

--
Joe C.
RailsPlayground.com

http://destiney.com/tictactoe

--
Greg D.
Zend Certified Engineer
Joe C. wrote:
> going to use Ajax at all in your application, it is definitely worth
> learning how to use RJS.

Cool. Joe, where can I found a good documentation or book about RJS?

Thanks in advance.

Fernando L.
Charlie B. (Guest)
Your best bet on documentation is to google "rails rjs template"