Forum: Ruby on Rails [ANN] Rails Reference 1.1.2

Jens-Christian F. (Guest)
As part of my 3 day training course on Rails, I hand out a 24 page
"short reference" of Rails. It's collection of the most used calls,
methods, functions across a wide range of Rails functionality.

I have released it under a Creative Commons license, so feel free to
grab it and use it and improve it. It's a bit rough around some of
it's edges, and I realize, that there still is much left to be done,
but it has served me well already in my daily Rails work, and in
getting my students up to speed.

A blog entry (with link to the PDF) is here: http://blog.invisible.ch/
2006/05/01/ruby-on-rails-reference/
and the source is in the SVN repository, right here: http://
invisible.ch/projects/browser/rails-seminar/doc

Comments, additions, corrections & patches welcome!

Jens-Christian

--
InVisible GmbH
http://www.invisible.ch  http://blog.invisible.ch
On May 4, 2006, at 2:48 PM, Jens-Christian F. wrote:

> A blog entry (with link to the PDF) is here: http://
> blog.invisible.ch/2006/05/01/ruby-on-rails-reference/
> and the source is in the SVN repository, right here: http://
> invisible.ch/projects/browser/rails-seminar/doc
>
> Comments, additions, corrections & patches welcome!
>
> Jens-Christian

Very nice Jens!

Thanks-
-Ezra
Tom M. (Guest)
Very cool! Thanks!

--
-- Tom M.
Ashley M. (Guest)
On May 04, 2006, at 10:48 pm, Jens-Christian F. wrote:

> A blog entry (with link to the PDF) is here: http://
> http://www.invisible.ch  http://blog.invisible.ch

Excellent!  I'll show that to the guys I work with, should help us
get up to speed with Rails.  What I miss most in AWDWR is a quick
reference.  This is just what I need!

Ashley
Thibaut Barrère (Guest)
Wow! That's just great - thanks for summing all this up.

cheers

Thibaut
Sebastian F. (Guest)
very nice. this comes in very handy. great work. thanks a lot.

just one little thing, in Chapter 2.1 you might want to update
dependent -> true to :dependent => :destroy

Sebastian
Kevin M. (Guest)
Jens-Christian,

On Thu, May 04, 2006 at 11:48:52PM +0200, Jens-Christian F. wrote:

> As part of my 3 day training course on Rails, I hand out a 24 page  "short
> reference" of Rails. It's collection of the most used calls,  methods,
> functions across a wide range of Rails functionality.

Very nice!!!!!  I only skimmed over it briefly so far but I can tell it
provides alot of very useful information in a nice, consolidated, easy
access form.

Kevin
http://www.RawFedDogs.net
http://www.WacoAgilityGroup.org
Bruceville, TX
Jeff Everett (Guest)
This is so handy, it's exactly what my team needed. Thanks for all your
hard
work on this!

Jeff
Arie Kusuma A. (Guest)
Jens-Christian F. wrote:
> A blog entry (with link to the PDF) is here:
> http://blog.invisible.ch/2006/05/01/ruby-on-rails-reference/
> and the source is in the SVN repository, right here:
> http://invisible.ch/projects/browser/rails-seminar/doc
>
> Comments, additions, corrections & patches welcome!
>
> Jens-Christian

Great! I love it :) thx
Is there an easy way to add *TextMate Syntax Highlight* into your PDF ?
it'll be much cooler if there is highlight in every code.. oh including
Agile 2 (PDF) actually

--
Name  : Arie Kusuma A., A.K.A Arie / YM! = riyari3
Blog  : http://ariekusumaatmaja.wordpress.com

500 baris PHP dkk VS 1 baris Ruby dkk
Macih ngotot pake php? haree geneee????
Jens-Christian F. (Guest)
> Is there an easy way to add *TextMate Syntax Highlight* into your
> PDF ?
> it'll be much cooler if there is highlight in every code.. oh
> including Agile 2 (PDF) actually

unfortunately not. The htmldoc utility I use to create the PDF
doesn't understand CSS. And the upcoming version of the tool that
would understand CSS segfaults when trying to convert.

As a consolidation, I have added an HTML representation. Get it at
the same link:

http://blog.invisible.ch/2006/05/01/ruby-on-rails-reference/

cheers jc
Jens-Christian F. (Guest)

> just one little thing, in Chapter 2.1 you might want to update
> dependent -> true to :dependent => :destroy

fixed (and expanded the has_many :dependent optinons)
Bakki K. (Guest)
Great job Jens, Thank you for a valuable tool.

-bakki
Vincent G. (Guest)
awesome
Michael T. (Guest)
Incredible.  Thank you for this.

Michael
Jean Carlo S. (Guest)
Very good. But i agree with is best a colored sintax. Thanks for this
resource