Forum: Ruby on Rails Problem using url_for

Rakesh M. (Guest)
I'm trying to generate a URL of the form
controller/action?id=<id>&type=<type>. My code looks like this:

url_for(:controller => 'content',
      :action => 'get_resource',:id => item['Id'],:type => item['type']
      )

The url I end up with looks like this:
http://localhost:3000/content/get_resource?type=<type>
(the <type> is correct, the issue is tha the ID is entirely missing).

What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks!
Ben and Kaz A. (Guest)
On 5/5/06, Rakesh M. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> (the <type> is correct, the issue is tha the ID is entirely missing).

Fairly certain you need to drop the ['id'] e.g.

url_for :controller => 'content', :action => 'get_resource', :id =>
item,
:type => item['type']

cheers,
Ben
Mark Reginald J. (Guest)
Rakesh M. wrote:

> What am I doing wrong here?

The capital I in 'Id' should be lower-case.

Rakesh M. (Guest)
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll see what happens tomorrow when I get
back
to the office.