Forum: Ruby on Rails RE: sql server, date and time

Ross D. (Guest)
Better to use dates in the format of yyyy-mm-dd it's unambiguous.  I
think there is even an ISO standard for this.

Ross (a colonial that has a date time format of dd-mm-yyyy)
Calle D. (Guest)

> Better to use dates in the format of yyyy-mm-dd it's unambiguous. I
> think there is even an ISO standard for this.

Yes, ISO 8601. I think Sweden is the only country in the world where
it's in common use.
--
		     Calle D. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
		 http://www.livejournal.com/users/cdybedahl/
> > Better to use dates in the format of yyyy-mm-dd it's unambiguous. I
> > think there is even an ISO standard for this.
>
> Yes, ISO 8601. I think Sweden is the only country in the world where
> it's in common use.

Far from it: http://www.qsl.net/g1smd/isoimp.htm
And I can add Lithuania to that list too.

Regards,
Rimantas
--
http://rimantas.com/
Jakob S. (Guest)
Rimantas L. wrote:
>> > Better to use dates in the format of yyyy-mm-dd it's unambiguous. I
>> > think there is even an ISO standard for this.
>>
>> Yes, ISO 8601. I think Sweden is the only country in the world where
>> it's in common use.
>
> Far from it: http://www.qsl.net/g1smd/isoimp.htm
> And I can add Lithuania to that list too.

Not sure what that's a list of. It has Denmark on there, and I don't
think I've ever seen the yyyy-mm-dd format in use here, so it's probably
not a list of countries where it's actually in common use.