Forum: Ruby on Rails error in installing login generator

bash (Guest)
on 2006-05-04 08:01
hi guys,
i tried to install login generator following these steps:
first i open the forlder where my application is saved than writing in
the commad prompt: gem install login_generator, then ruby
script/generate login
but it didn't work i got this error
Recognition failed for "/account%20/login"
what should i do, or did i miss any step
thanks
Jon (Guest)
on 2007-01-31 00:05
bash wrote:
> hi guys,
> i tried to install login generator following these steps:
> first i open the forlder where my application is saved than writing in
> the commad prompt: gem install login_generator, then ruby
> script/generate login
> but it didn't work i got this error
> Recognition failed for "/account%20/login"
> what should i do, or did i miss any step
> thanks

Hi I get the same,
I am quite new at Ruby but got a small video application running. I get
problems when going through login.
When I signup a user, it logs in at the same time and goes fine. But
when I logout and then try to login, I get an error :
Recognition failed for "/%EF%BF%BD/account/login%EF%BF%BD"
I can't seem to figure out why it does that.

Anybody can help ?
Cheers,
Jonathan
Jason R. (Guest)
The preferred way if installing this kind of functionality is through
the
plugin system:

ruby script/plugin install login_generator

The gem might be out of date.

Jason
Guest (Guest)
on 2007-01-31 10:58
Jason R. wrote:
> The preferred way if installing this kind of functionality is through
> the
> plugin system:
>
> ruby script/plugin install login_generator
>
> The gem might be out of date.
>
> Jason

Hi, thanks for the reply.
I did install it that way... will retry later today when I have access
to my other computer. Wierd thing is that the signup works (i get logged
in when signing up) and the logout too... :(
/J