Forum: Ruby on Rails Multiple Scaffolds

ryan (Guest)
on 2006-05-04 01:23
I'd like to create scaffolds for each of the tables in my database, but
would like to access them below the path: localhost:3000/admin

For example localhost:3000/admin/table1
            localhost:3000/admin/table2

Where table1 and table2 would be the controller names respectively,
calling their own list.rhtml, show.rhtml, edit.rhtml, etc..

Any recommendations on how/where to utilize multiple scaffolds?

Thanks!
Stephen B. (Guest)
You can create scaffolds in seperate modules by doing this:

ruby script/generate scaffold Admin::Model1
ruby script/generate scaffold Admin::Model2

The controllers will then be accessible via:
/admin/model1/ (list/edit/show etc)
/admin/model2/ (list/edit/show etc)

Hope that helps,

Steve
ryan (Guest)
on 2006-05-04 02:34
Stephen,

That did work indeed.  Thanks!

However, I had to make sure I didn't already have an admin_controller.rb
at the root.

The admin_controller.rb in the /admin directory of /admin/model1 was
attempting to  call an action "model1". Maybe there's a way to make the
controller ignore that and execute the /admin/model1_controller.rb
instead.

But for now, I deleted the admin_controller.rb on the root.
Jeremy E. (Guest)
On 5/3/06, ryan <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> instead.
>
> But for now, I deleted the admin_controller.rb on the root.

You could always keep the admin_controller.rb in app/controllers and
do the following in your AdminController:

  scaffold :model1, :suffix=>true
  scaffold :model2, :suffix=>true

Then you can access the scaffolds at /admin/list_model1 and
admin/list_model2.

Also, you may want to check out the Scaffolding Extensions Plugin[1],
which greatly enhances the default scaffolding.

Jeremy

[1]
http://wiki.rubyonrails.com/rails/pages/Scaffoldin...
Sam W. (Guest)
on 2007-03-15 10:00
ryan wrote:

> The admin_controller.rb in the /admin directory of /admin/model1 was
> attempting to  call an action "model1". Maybe there's a way to make the
> controller ignore that and execute the /admin/model1_controller.rb
> instead.

Is there anyway to use static scaffolds, have an admin_controller and
have the model1_controller and model2_controllers in the /admin/
directory?  I would like to be able to have admin go to railsapp/admin
and then be able to click links to go to the actions to crud model1 and
model2 but still have static scaffolds to work with.

Best,
Sam
Wes (Guest)
See this post: