Forum: Ruby Re: Best OS for Ruby Dev/Best OS for Ruby Hosting

matthew.hivner (Guest)
The only problem I've run into so far on OS X is (and it could be my
fault, I'm not sure) terminal.app's poor handling of ncurses (and thus
ruby-ncurses).

--matt
chneukirchen (Guest)
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid> writes:

> The only problem I've run into so far on OS X is (and it could be my
> fault, I'm not sure) terminal.app's poor handling of ncurses (and thus
> ruby-ncurses).

I recommend iTerm.
hramrach (Guest)
> The only problem I've run into so far on OS X is (and it could be my
> fault, I'm not sure) terminal.app's poor handling of ncurses (and thus
> ruby-ncurses).

What problems does Terminal.app cause?
I connect to screen with several curses applications from OS X,
NetBSD, and GNU/Linux, and I did not notice any problem specific to
Terminal.app.

Michal

--
             Support the freedom of music!
Maybe it's a weird genre  ..  but weird is *not* illegal.