Forum: Ruby on Rails Autotest doesn't work on WinXP?

Greg E. (Guest)
When I try to run autotest (zenspider) (which looks VERY cool), I get
this
error:

(run from within a Rails app directory)

C:\ruby_home\analysis>autotest -rails

# Testing updated files

+ c:/ruby/bin/ruby -Ilib:test -e '["test/unit/user_test.rb",
"test/unit/role_test.rb"].each { |f| load f }' | unit_diff -u

'c:' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable
program
or batch file.

# Test::Unit exited without a parseable failure or error message.

# You probably have a syntax error in your code.

# I'll retry in 10 seconds

Using rake all of the tests pass, but for some reason Autotest can't get
going.

Ideas?

-Greg

Greg E.

CTO, Eyetools Inc.

removed_email_address@domain.invalid

(916) 792 4538
Wilson B. (Guest)
On 5/2/06, Greg E. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> # You probably have a syntax error in your code.
>
> # I'll retry in 10 seconds
>
> Using rake all of the tests pass, but for some reason Autotest can't get
> going.

Browse to this folder:
C:\ruby\lib\ruby\gems\1.8\gems\ZenTest-3.2.0\lib

..and replace autotest.rb with the version in the zip file I've
attached to this message.
I had to make a minor change to the "test" and "ruby" methods to make
autotest happy on win32.
I just started using it today, so there may be other incompatibilities
that I haven't run into yet.

The win32 shell has different rules for quoting strings than UNIX-like
systems, unfortunately.

--Wilson.
Kelly F. (Guest)
Cygwin runs autotest just fine. I now have ruby installed both via the 1
click installer and cygwin. I have the gems installed both ways too. Now
can run autotest via cygwin, and the rest of my project is done via the
1
click installer version.

-Kelly