Forum: Typo Google Summer of Code 2006

Leo -. (Guest)
Hello everyone!

I've noticed that Google has Ruby Central as mentoring organization
this year and Ruby Central has "Contributions to Typo" suggestion. So
I would like to apply. I believe, for me, it is good opportunity to
quit enterprise, contribute to the community and promote myself as
Ruby developer. I offer my helping hands (and brain too) to the Typo
team. You may find more info on me on http://olegf.name. If you are
interested please submit your ideas for my application. I'm new to
Typo and I believe Typo developers have more suggestions on what Typo
needs. I will try to do my best. I, for one, may suggest
internationalization, rails 1.1 supported release (i  know it is in
trunk, but it's not regular release yet) and a website
http://typosphere.org (it is very important to attract more users). I
really want to help.

Peace

--
http://olegf.name
skype: oleg.f

> needs. I will try to do my best. I, for one, may suggest
> internationalization, rails 1.1 supported release (i  know it is in
> trunk, but it's not regular release yet) and a website
> http://typosphere.org (it is very important to attract more users). I
> really want to help.

The issue for me is mentoring time. I simply don't have the time
available to be a mentor. I dunno about the other maintainers.
Scott L. (Guest)
I probably can.  Somehow I doubt work would mind if I spent a fewhours
per week on SoC :-).

Scott
On 5/3/06, Piers C. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:> "Oleg F."
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid> writes:>> > Hello everyone!> >> > I've