Forum: GNU Radio MSK de-/modulation

Thomas S. (Guest)
Hello,

Did anyone write blocks for MSK de-/modulation? I couldn't find
anything in the gnuradio-core directory and I wanted to ask before I
start implementing it in order to avoid duplicated work.

Thomas
Matt E. (Guest)
Thomas S. wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Did anyone write blocks for MSK de-/modulation? I couldn't find
> anything in the gnuradio-core directory and I wanted to ask before I
> start implementing it in order to avoid duplicated work.

The code for GMSK will work with some minor tweaks for plain MSK.

Matt
Thomas S. (Guest)
Hi Matt,

Can you give me some pointers on what I would have to tweak in the
GMSK code? I read up on MSK but most demodulators I found use
integration of the I and Q phases and then proper slicing. I can see
how that works if I have synchronization, but I don't know how to
achieve that.

Here some more details on what I try to do: I try to decode a message
sent out by a chipcon CC2420 in the 2.4GHz ISM band. The over all
symbol rate is 2Mchip/s, thus I sample at 4MHz.

Thomas