Forum: Ruby Restricting view to source code with RDOC?

Philip H. (Guest)
Hi -

I'd like to generate some docuementation using RDOC, but don't want any
of
the "source" links available.

I've seen some existing rdoc that does this, but don't see an option
within rdoc itself to exclude them.

Am I just missing it?

Thanks!

-philip
Dave B. (Guest)
Philip H. wrote:
> I'd like to generate some docuementation using RDOC, but don't want any
> of the "source" links available.
>
> I've seen some existing rdoc that does this, but don't see an option
> within rdoc itself to exclude them.
>
> Am I just missing it?

I've just had a quick look, and this might work:

Use the --inline-source switch, and use a stylesheet modified with
"a.source-toggle{display:none}" to hide the links.

Cheers,
Dave
Philip H. (Guest)
> I'd like to generate some docuementation using RDOC, but don't want any of
> the "source" links available.
>
> I've seen some existing rdoc that does this, but don't see an option within
> rdoc itself to exclude them.
>
> Am I just missing it?

Turns out I was.  Naturally after asking I find it :)  Buried deep in
/usr/local/lib/ruby/..... were the rdoc templates.  I borrowed html.rb
and
tore out the pieces that include the links to source.

Seems to work great.

Heh. :)
Dave B. (Guest)
Philip H. wrote:
> and tore out the pieces that include the links to source.
>
> Seems to work great.
>
> Heh. :)

You're not going to add a --no-source switch to rdoc and share the
patch?

Cheers,
Dave
Philip H. (Guest)
>> /usr/local/lib/ruby/..... were the rdoc templates.  I borrowed html.rb
>> and tore out the pieces that include the links to source.
>>
>> Seems to work great.
>>
>> Heh. :)
>
> You're not going to add a --no-source switch to rdoc and share the patch?

Sorry, I wasn't clear.  html.rb is just a template (ie. --template) ...
in
/usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/rdoc/generators/template/html along with some
others:

% ls
hefss.rb  html.rb  kilmer.rb  old_html.rb  one_page_html.rb

I took html.rb and searched for "source" and just removed every mention
of
it I could find...

-philip
Ryan L. (Guest)
On 5/2/06, Philip H. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> I took html.rb and searched for "source" and just removed every mention of
> it I could find...

I think Dave's point was that it is still ruby code which I imagine
you could add an if statement to which would optionally add the source
if a certain variable was setup somewhere (i.e. based on a
command-line switch.)

Ryan