Forum: Ruby What's "new" in drb?

Hal F. (Guest)
What's "new" in distributed Ruby? And by "new" I mean
less than five years old.   ;)

Hal
Eric H. (Guest)
On Apr 30, 2006, at 5:45 PM, Hal F. wrote:

> What's "new" in distributed Ruby? And by "new" I mean less than
> five years old.   ;)

This weekend I made DRb work using YAML serialization [1] (but
haven't released the code yet) and wrote a TupleSpace replicator [2].

I've added RDoc to Rinda (TupleSpace, RingServer and friends) so 1.8.4
+ have it now.  I don't know if they're less than five years old
though, but certainly they're worth a mention [3].

Nathaniel T. released a firewall-tunneling tool for DRb called
DRbFire [4].

[1] http://blog.segment7.net/articles/2006/04/30/drb-via-yaml
[2] http://blog.segment7.net/articles/2006/04/29/tuple...
[3] http://segment7.net/projects/ruby/drb/rinda/ringserver.html