Forum: Ruby Ruby on 64-bit Linux

Sid S. (Guest)

I imagine this topic has been covered before, but I have searched and
looked through the forum and cannot find any mention of it.

I need to run Ruby on a 64-bit Fedora Linux System. When I compile  it,
I get an error message that says,

   gcc -g -O2 -DRUBY_EXPORT -I. -I. -c file.c
   file.c: In function 'chmod_intrnal':
   file.c:1695: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size

That is a bit worriesome, but when I run make test, it responds that the
test succeeded.

Is anyone else running Ruby on a 64-bit system? Are there any issues?

Sid
Daniel S. (Guest)
Sid Stuart wrote:
>    file.c:1695: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
>
> That is a bit worriesome, but when I run make test, it responds that the
> test succeeded.
>
> Is anyone else running Ruby on a 64-bit system? Are there any issues?

Hi Sid,

I'm currently running Ruby 1.9, and I've run 1.8, too, on a 64 bit
Fedora Core 4 system. It's working fine.

Cheers,
Daniel
Madhusudan N. (Guest)
on 2007-05-30 08:22
Daniel S. wrote:
> Sid Stuart wrote:
>>    file.c:1695: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
>>
>> That is a bit worriesome, but when I run make test, it responds that the
>> test succeeded.
>>
>> Is anyone else running Ruby on a 64-bit system? Are there any issues?
>
> Hi Sid,
>
> I'm currently running Ruby 1.9, and I've run 1.8, too, on a 64 bit
> Fedora Core 4 system. It's working fine.
>

> Cheers,
> Daniel

Hi Daniel,
Where can I download 64-bit ruby package from. or If I need to compile,
what changes should I make in the sources and in Make files
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky (Guest)
Madhusudan Narayan wrote:

> Hi Daniel,
> Where can I download 64-bit ruby package from. or If I need to compile,
> what changes should I make in the sources and in Make files

I am running Ruby 1.8.6 on an AMD Athlon64 X2 with Gentoo Linux 2007.0
and it compiles and links just fine.