Forum: Ruby on Rails Rails wizard page support

Oliver P. (Guest)
Hello,

does anyone know if there is a "best practice" how to implement wizard
pages in
RoR? I want to have multiple pages for entity editing and creation. Is
there
any rails plugin available? I think it would be nice to have a howto in
the
rails wiki or to have built-in wizard support in RoR. What do you think?
Any
suggestions how to implement this elegant?

--
Oliver P.

OpenPGP
Key id: 28D9C44F
Fingerprint: EADA 62FC 07DC 3361 A3D6  4174 2DE3 C027 28D9 C44F
Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=...
Charlie B. (Guest)
What do you mean by wizard pages?

Charlie B.
www.recentrambles.com
Oliver P. (Guest)
on 2006-04-28 22:36
Charlie B. wrote:
> What do you mean by wizard pages?
>
> Charlie B.
> www.recentrambles.com

e.g. I have 5 pages to create/edit one entity in my RoR app. I do not
want to have only one page because I think it is better to give the user
several smaller pages (step 1 of 5, step 2 of 5, ...).
Now my question was if there is any "best practices" approach for such a
behaviour (or a howto). Some other frameworks support this with built-in
functionality (e.g. Spring, MonoRails, ...) - perhaps this can be
implemented in RoR too - to give the RoR user a comfortable
functionality.
Steve K. (Guest)
on 2006-04-28 23:53
Google for the acts_as_state_machine plugin and have a look at it.