Forum: Ruby Ruby is the stuff Gems are made of

Guest (Guest)
on 2006-04-28 18:57
Ruby is productive fun.
John W. (Guest)
On 4/28/06, Guest <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Ruby is productive fun.
>
> --
gateway should go away?

--
Regards,
John W.

> On 4/28/06, Guest <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> > Ruby is productive fun.
> >
> > --
> gateway should go away?

+1 I'm about to just auto-kill anything started by someone posting from
ruby-forum.

--
Stephen W. (Guest)
>> gateway should go away?
>
> +1 I'm about to just auto-kill anything started by someone posting from
> ruby-forum.

I'm getting close myself.  But I would like to see the NNTP gateway
un-die.

--Steve
Pistos C. (Guest)
on 2006-04-29 03:34
Stephen W. wrote:
>>> Just in case we needed another reason why the forum / mailing list
>>> gateway should go away?
>> +1 I'm about to just auto-kill anything started by someone posting from
>> ruby-forum.
> I'm getting close myself.  But I would like to see the NNTP gateway
> un-die.

In case anyone's counting votes:

-1

I use the forums, never google groups, never the newsgroup, never the
mailing list.

Perhaps there need to be some other "sanitization" measures put in place
in the forum?

Pistos
Logan C. (Guest)
On Apr 28, 2006, at 7:34 PM, Pistos C. wrote:

> Perhaps there need to be some other "sanitization" measures put in
> place
> in the forum?
>
> Pistos

Suggestions:

1) Don't allow anonymous posts
2) When you register for ruby-forum, display the comp.lang.ruby FAQ,
possibly with some additions pointing out that the forum is a gateway
to the ML
Christian N. (Guest)
"John W." <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> writes:

> On 4/28/06, Guest <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote: