Forum: Ruby on Rails [OT] Ruby ftp client for windows

Larry K. (Guest)
I know this is off topic, But, my boss has tasked me with finding a
better
ftp client than the one in Windows XP.  Is there a Ruby client that can
recover dropped connections, ( a resume feature)?  Would be nice if it
could
handle secure/ encrypted transmissions as well?

Failing that,  can anyone recommend a good scriptable ftp client for the
Windows plaftorm?

--
Best Regards,
-Larry

Larry K. wrote:
> I know this is off topic, But, my boss has tasked me with finding a
> better
> ftp client than the one in Windows XP.  Is there a Ruby client that can
> recover dropped connections, ( a resume feature)?  Would be nice if it
> could
> handle secure/ encrypted transmissions as well?
>
> Failing that,  can anyone recommend a good scriptable ftp client for the
> Windows plaftorm?
>
> --
> Best Regards,
> -Larry
> "Work, work, work...there is no satisfactory alternative."
>             --- E.Taft Benson
Jeff C. (Guest)
on 2006-04-28 19:15
I also recommend FileZilla, it's got every FTP feature I've needed and
is easy to use.

Jeff
softiesonrails.com
Matt W. (Guest)
More props for FileZilla. It's been my mainstay (aside from the
Dreamweaver FTP integration) for a long time.

Matt
Erik van Oosten (Guest)
If you install cygwin you get curl and wget.
Perhaps there are native windows executables as well.

Regards,
    Erik.

Larry K. schreef:
Chang Sau S. (Guest)
Totally off-topic but try Filezilla, best FTP client i've ever used, on
Windows or otherwise.

Larry K. wrote:
> -Larry
> "Work, work, work...there is no satisfactory alternative."
>             --- E.Taft Benson

Sau S.

http://blog.saush.com
http://www.projectible.com
http://jaccal.sourceforge.net
Larry K. (Guest)
Granted FilZilla is a great FTP client.  Is it scriptable?  Didn't see
anything about that in the docs.
-Larry