Forum: Ruby Re: Fishing in Ruby

Announcement (2017-05-07): www.ruby-forum.com is now read-only since I unfortunately do not have the time to support and maintain the forum any more. Please see rubyonrails.org/community and ruby-lang.org/en/community for other Rails- und Ruby-related community platforms.
Brown, Warren (Guest)
on 2006-04-27 23:38
(Received via mailing list)
>> But does it scale?
> Are you doing this for the halibut? ha!
Stop this before I write a poisson pen letter.
Jason P. (Guest)
on 2006-04-27 23:42
(Received via mailing list)
Stop floundering and get back to work.
unknown (Guest)
on 2006-04-27 23:42
(Received via mailing list)
Hi --

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006, Brown, Warren wrote:

>>> But does it scale?
>> Are you doing this for the halibut? ha!
> Stop this before I write a poisson pen letter.

Don't you want to know who the upstream author is?


David

--
David A. Black (removed_email_address@domain.invalid)
Ruby Power and Light, LLC (http://www.rubypowerandlight.com)

"Ruby for Rails" PDF now on sale!  http://www.manning.com/black
Paper version coming in early May!
Alan Fritz (Guest)
on 2006-04-27 23:46
(Received via mailing list)
are you returning all exceptions to Fishman?
Pistos C. (Guest)
on 2006-04-28 00:39
unknown wrote:
>>>> But does it scale?
>>> Are you doing this for the halibut? ha!
>> Stop this before I write a poisson pen letter.
> Don't you want to know who the upstream author is?

I think the net result of this thread will be next to nil...

Pistos
unknown (Guest)
on 2006-04-28 00:49
(Received via mailing list)
Hi --

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006, Pistos C. wrote:

> unknown wrote:
>>>>> But does it scale?
>>>> Are you doing this for the halibut? ha!
>>> Stop this before I write a poisson pen letter.
>> Don't you want to know who the upstream author is?
>
> I think the net result of this thread will be next to nil...

We'll sea.


David

--
David A. Black (removed_email_address@domain.invalid)
Ruby Power and Light, LLC (http://www.rubypowerandlight.com)

"Ruby for Rails" PDF now on sale!  http://www.manning.com/black
Paper version coming in early May!
Jake McArthur (Guest)
on 2006-04-28 00:53
(Received via mailing list)
>>>>> But does it scale?
>>>> Are you doing this for the halibut? ha!
>>> Stop this before I write a poisson pen letter.
>> Don't you want to know who the upstream author is?
> I think the net result of this thread will be next to nil...

I'm getting sick of ex-salmoning these stupid puns.

- Jake McArthur
Pistos C. (Guest)
on 2006-04-28 04:17
Jake McArthur wrote:
>>>>>> But does it scale?
>>>>> Are you doing this for the halibut? ha!
>>>> Stop this before I write a poisson pen letter.
>>> Don't you want to know who the upstream author is?
>> I think the net result of this thread will be next to nil...
> I'm getting sick of ex-salmoning these stupid puns.

Perhaps Ruby book publishers believe that popular mailing list threads
can raise sails.

Pistos
Gregory B. (Guest)
on 2006-04-28 07:48
(Received via mailing list)
On 4/27/06, Jake McArthur <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> >>>>> But does it scale?
> >>>> Are you doing this for the halibut? ha!
> >>> Stop this before I write a poisson pen letter.
> >> Don't you want to know who the upstream author is?
> > I think the net result of this thread will be next to nil...
>
> I'm getting sick of ex-salmoning these stupid puns.

Yeah, it's a real pain in the bass. ;)
Steve C. (Guest)
on 2006-04-28 10:16
(Received via mailing list)
For sure, there's no plaice here for them....
Daniel B. (Guest)
on 2006-04-28 10:25
(Received via mailing list)
Surely there has been enough carping on.. we should stop baiting each
other.  Although tuna 'bout is fair play, I have heard.
stuart yarus (Guest)
on 2006-04-28 10:32
(Received via mailing list)
Really, I second that flatly.
Alan Fritz (Guest)
on 2006-04-28 15:44
(Received via mailing list)
Yes, I agree. This is all becoming one big flaming fugu...
stuart yarus (Guest)
on 2006-04-28 16:12
(Received via mailing list)
I'm floundering around, hoping there will be a reel end to this
piscine contest before the reel puntsters come trawling in.
Giles B. (Guest)
on 2006-04-28 22:18
(Received via mailing list)
I think it may be a while before this thread hits its fin ish.

--
Giles B.
http://www.gilesgoatboy.org
John G. (Guest)
on 2006-04-28 22:30
(Received via mailing list)
Nah. This is just a fluke. The bad puns will abait any minute now.
Giles B. (Guest)
on 2006-04-28 23:17
(Received via mailing list)
You're right. We've definitely passed the point where anyone else will
dive in.
Bill G. (Guest)
on 2006-04-28 23:35
(Received via mailing list)
On 4/28/06, Giles B. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> You're right. We've definitely passed the point where anyone else will dive in.
>
> On 4/28/06, John G. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> > Nah. This is just a fluke. The bad puns will abait any minute now.
> >
> >
> > On 4/28/06, Giles B. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> > > I think it may be a while before this thread hits its fin ish.

Parsing all these bad puns is giving me a haddock.
Vlad GALU (Guest)
on 2006-04-28 23:57
(Received via mailing list)
On 4/28/06, Bill G. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
[...]

    *chime* I subscribed to the list after this thread was started.
What's it about ? :)
Alan Fritz (Guest)
on 2006-04-29 00:00
(Received via mailing list)
It's a loooooong fish story....
Bill G. (Guest)
on 2006-04-29 00:06
(Received via mailing list)
On 4/28/06, Vlad GALU <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> On 4/28/06, Bill G. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> [...]
>
>     *chime* I subscribed to the list after this thread was started.
> What's it about ? :)

'A Fisherman' tossed out this hook yesterday:
http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/63765#69855

It's been sinking ever since.
stuart yarus (Guest)
on 2006-04-29 00:06
(Received via mailing list)
Yes, a whale of a tail....
Mike Brum (Guest)
on 2006-04-29 00:12
(Received via mailing list)
Welcome, it's good to see more people getting their feet wet with Ruby!
Alan Fritz (Guest)
on 2006-04-29 00:15
(Received via mailing list)
Yes we usually don't see this much carp over one thread but Welcome!
Charlie B. (Guest)
on 2006-04-29 00:24
(Received via mailing list)
I just followed a link earlier in this post to the ruby forum.  Google
ads has decided to post fish and tackle gear for this thread.  That's
hillarious!
Robert E. (Guest)
on 2006-04-29 00:58
(Received via mailing list)
That post sure hooked a lot of rubyists. Though some of the responses
have gone over like lead sinkers.

Bob
Philip H. (Guest)
on 2006-04-29 01:10
(Received via mailing list)
Is there a porpoise to this thread anymore?
Matthew M. (Guest)
on 2006-04-29 01:17
(Received via mailing list)
Bass to leave it alone.
Gregory B. (Guest)
on 2006-04-29 01:17
(Received via mailing list)
On 4/28/06, Philip H. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Is there a porpoise to this thread anymore?

probably not, but it's sure made quite a splash.
Stuart S. (Guest)
on 2006-04-29 01:47
(Received via mailing list)
And suprisngly probably have gotten a click or two to those sites.
Pistos C. (Guest)
on 2006-04-29 03:53
>> Is there a porpoise to this thread anymore?
> probably not, but it's sure made quite a splash.

Someone please put some actual Ruby cod in a post...

Pistos
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky (Guest)
on 2006-04-29 07:11
(Received via mailing list)
Could you say that again ... I'm hard of herring

Pistos C. wrote:
>>> Is there a porpoise to this thread anymore?
>>>
>> probably not, but it's sure made quite a splash.
>>
>
> Someone please put some actual Ruby cod in a post...
>
> Pistos
>
>

--
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

http://linuxcapacityplanning.com
Bill K. (Guest)
on 2006-04-29 07:35
(Received via mailing list)
From: "M. Edward (Ed) Borasky" <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
>
> Pistos C. wrote:
>>>> Is there a porpoise to this thread anymore?
>>>>
>>> probably not, but it's sure made quite a splash.
>>>
>>
>> Someone please put some actual Ruby cod in a post...
>
> Could you say that again ... I'm hard of herring

Mahi-mahi, the lure of this thread.  Any usenet groupers joined the
mailing list since the gateway went belly up?
unknown (Guest)
on 2006-04-29 09:03
(Received via mailing list)
Hi --

On Sat, 29 Apr 2006, Charlie B. wrote:

> I just followed a link earlier in this post to the ruby forum.  Google
> ads has decided to post fish and tackle gear for this thread.  That's
> hillarious!

Darn, I *knew* I should have named my book "Ruby for Fly Fishermen Who
Are Interested In Rails".

They would have enjoyed the second on before-fillet hooks in
particular.


David

>> Welcome, it's good to see more people getting their feet wet with Ruby!
>>
>>
>
>
>

--
David A. Black (removed_email_address@domain.invalid)
Ruby Power and Light, LLC (http://www.rubypowerandlight.com)

"Ruby for Rails" PDF now on sale!  http://www.manning.com/black
Paper version coming in early May!
Joel VanderWerf (Guest)
on 2006-04-29 09:09
(Received via mailing list)
removed_email_address@domain.invalid wrote:
> Darn, I *knew* I should have named my book "Ruby for Fly Fishermen Who
> Are Interested In Rails".

A Ruby Runs Through It on Rails ?
unknown (Guest)
on 2006-05-03 21:08
(Received via mailing list)
On Sat, 29 Apr 2006, removed_email_address@domain.invalid wrote:

>
> They would have enjoyed the second on before-fillet hooks in
> particular.

s/second/section/.  I plead jet-lag.


David

>>> Sent: Friday, April 28, 2006 4:10 PM
>>>
> David A. Black (removed_email_address@domain.invalid)
> Ruby Power and Light, LLC (http://www.rubypowerandlight.com)
>
> "Ruby for Rails" PDF now on sale!  http://www.manning.com/black
> Paper version coming in early May!
>

--
David A. Black (removed_email_address@domain.invalid)
Ruby Power and Light, LLC (http://www.rubypowerandlight.com)

"Ruby for Rails" PDF now on sale!  http://www.manning.com/black
Paper version coming in early May!
Pistos C. (Guest)
on 2006-05-04 07:19
unknown wrote:
>> They would have enjoyed the second on before-fillet hooks in
>> particular.
> s/second/section/.  I plead jet-lag.

And here I thought this thread was dead.

The original poster seems to have disappeared... I wonder if eel ever
post again?

Pistos
Lou S. (Guest)
on 2006-05-04 22:25
(Received via mailing list)
On 5/3/06, Pistos C. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

>
> The original poster seems to have disappeared... I wonder if eel ever
> post again?
>
>
I suppose he cod, but really what porpoise would that serve?
Joey (Guest)
on 2006-05-04 22:28
(Received via mailing list)
I suggest that you listen to the tuna called: Wet Dreams by Dr.Demento
Pistos C. (Guest)
on 2006-05-05 06:23
Lou S. wrote:
> On 5/3/06, Pistos C. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
>> The original poster seems to have disappeared... I wonder if eel ever
>> post again?
> I suppose he cod, but really what porpoise would that serve?

Oh buoy, here we go again...

Pistos
Kev J. (Guest)
on 2006-05-05 06:56
(Received via mailing list)
Pistos C. wrote:

>>I suppose he cod, but really what porpoise would that serve?
>>
>>
>
>Oh buoy, here we go again...
>
>
Is this going to be one of those long-running OT threads that last
forever?

Not to stick my oar in...

Kev
Simon Knights (Guest)
on 2006-05-05 13:08
Kev J. wrote:
> Pistos C. wrote:
>
>>>I suppose he cod, but really what porpoise would that serve?
>>>
>>>
>>
>>Oh buoy, here we go again...
>>
>>
> Is this going to be one of those long-running OT threads that last
> forever?
>
> Not to stick my oar in...
>
> Kev

I'm just waiting for the Perl fishers to join in.

Simon.
stuart yarus (Guest)
on 2006-05-05 16:11
(Received via mailing list)
I'm too Bizet to mess with Perl fishers.

Stuart
This topic is locked and can not be replied to.