Forum: Ruby Pickaxe 1 & 2 - Worth the upgrade?

Doug B. (Guest)
Hi all

I was just wondering if it would be worth me buying the second edition
of
Pickaxe?  Is there really much difference between it and the first
edition?

Many thanks for your responses.

All the best.

Doug
Tim H. (Guest)
on 2006-04-27 16:23
Doug B. wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I was just wondering if it would be worth me buying the second edition
> of
> Pickaxe?  Is there really much difference between it and the first
> edition?

Yes, the 2nd edition includes material about Ruby 1.8 that isn't present
in the 1st edition, like test/unit and RubyGems.

Also, by buying the 2nd edition you encourage the publisher to produce a
3rd edition when the time is right.