Forum: Ruby on Rails Execute commands

Juan =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Jos=E9?= Vidal =?ISO-8859-1?Q? (Guest)

I'm trying to make an app to control a set of machines, and I need to
executes linux commands for it. I've been looking for in Google...

How can I execute system commands with Rails and control the commands
output???

How can I find a good tutorial about threads???

Thanks,
Juanjo
--
Juan José Vidal Agustín <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
ATICA - Universidad de Murcia

http://www.ruby-doc.org/core/classes/Kernel.html#M002981

> How can I find a good tutorial about threads???
http://rubycentral.com/book/tut_threads.html
Tom M. (Guest)
You're lucky Juan!

The application is already written for you!

It's called Capistrano.

http://manuals.rubyonrails.com/read/book/17

--
-- Tom M.
Jean-Christophe M. (Guest)
Tom M. wrote:
> The application is already written for you!
>
> It's called Capistrano.

Hi Tom,

Would Capistrano be the good way to generate bind confs from a db for a
bulk of domain names ? I'd like to run a task each 15 mins to dump db
data if changed, and reload bind conf.

--
Jean-Christophe M.
Tom M. (Guest)