Forum: Ruby on Rails re-sizing pictures.....

Jon M. (Guest)
on 2006-04-27 02:27
So i followed the steps in the agile development book and everything is
working just fine... i even added a few new functions to list and manage
the pics. but what if i start uploading big pics? i don't want to have
huge desk-top size pics taking up the whole page all the time. right?
so does anyone have a sort-of thumbnail thing they'd be willing to
share?  any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks...
Ben R. (Guest)
Check out RMagick

http://rmagick.rubyforge.org/

On 4/26/06, Jon Mr <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Rails mailing list
> removed_email_address@domain.invalid

Ben R.
http://www.benr75.com
Tim H. (Guest)
on 2006-04-27 04:04
Jon Mr wrote:
> So i followed the steps in the agile development book and everything is
> working just fine... i even added a few new functions to list and manage
> the pics. but what if i start uploading big pics? i don't want to have
> huge desk-top size pics taking up the whole page all the time. right?
> so does anyone have a sort-of thumbnail thing they'd be willing to
> share?  any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks...

FileColumn: http://www.kanthak.net/opensource/file_column/
Alex W. (Guest)
on 2006-04-27 05:21
Jon Mr wrote:
> So i followed the steps in the agile development book and everything is
> working just fine... i even added a few new functions to list and manage
> the pics. but what if i start uploading big pics? i don't want to have
> huge desk-top size pics taking up the whole page all the time. right?
> so does anyone have a sort-of thumbnail thing they'd be willing to
> share?  any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks...

Or with an approach slightly different to file column, SuperImage

http://beautifulpixel.textdriven.com/articles/2006...