Forum: Ruby on Rails Re: Re: Ruby book for beginner

Jeremy McAnally (Guest)
> Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I would probably quite like a fairly
> verbose book to start with. Ruby seems to be fairly loose syntactically (if
> there is such a word?) so a fairly firm guide is needed to start with :o)
>
> I also kept hearing about difficulties in finding Rails hosting out
> there. Have
> anyone else found this to be the case in commercial/free hosting
> options? other
> than running your own server that is....

I run http://www.soyhost.com/ .  I'm hoping after finals slow down to
actually get everything going on over there, but it's free Rails
hosting.  You don't get a boatload of space, but it's something to
start with.

If you're able to spend a little money then I suggest DreamHost or A
Small Orange; I've had a great experience with both of those using
Rails.

--Jeremy