Forum: Ruby on Rails Rich text editing

Ana B. (Guest)
on 2006-04-26 05:26
Hi people, i just finished my first weblog, with comments, auth and
admin zone(yay!) so i was looking for a way to make a rich text editor
zone for the posts, right now im using textilize() and <br> html tags to
format the text and breaklines so hope some one can give a reference in
how to achieve that.

Already told you that this rails stuff its amazing :)
François B. (Guest)
Hi !

2006/4/25, Ana B. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>:
> Hi people, i just finished my first weblog, with comments, auth and
> admin zone(yay!) so i was looking for a way to make a rich text editor
> zone for the posts, right now im using textilize() and <br> html tags to
> format the text and breaklines so hope some one can give a reference in
> how to achieve that.

Look into integrating FCKEditor.  I did it and it works great.  One
caveat - FCKEditor won't work if the view is XHTML compliant.  I had
to use the Strict HTML DTD instead of the Strict XHTML DTD.

Bye !
Chris T (Guest)
TinyMCE is another option -- it's fairly straightforward to integrate..