Forum: GNU Radio Control of transmission power level

Eunsoo Seo (Guest)
Hello.
I'm reading GMSK code and I have a question about power level.
Can I control the power with a packet is transmitted?
Any example code?

Thank you. :-)

-Eunsoo
Eric B. (Guest)
On Tue, Apr 25, 2006 at 10:09:07AM -0500, Eunsoo Seo wrote:
> Hello.
> I'm reading GMSK code and I have a question about power level.
> Can I control the power with a packet is transmitted?
> Any example code?
>
> Thank you. :-)
>
> -Eunsoo

We're working on a general solution to this and related issues, but
don't have anything in the code that supports it right now.

The basic idea is to use the message-block (m-block) and enhanced flow
graph (now called m-graph) proposed by BBN a little while ago.

In that model, you associate "metadata" such as "transmit power level"
with the packet data, and the system keeps track of the metadata all
the way through the pipeline, handing the power control message to the
USRP at the right time to make everything work.

Here's the latest draft of the proposal:
http://acert.ir.bbn.com/downloads/adroit/gnuradio-...

Comments on it are most welcome.  Please post them here.

Eric