Forum: Ruby on Rails file upload and check width and height of the picture

Hannes S. (Guest)
on 2006-04-25 14:32
i have an file upload in my rails app and i'm saving the picture in the
filesystem.
i need to validate if the uploaded picture have a certain width and
height.

how can i do this

thank you very much
Mick S. (Guest)
on 2006-04-25 14:43
[url=http://rmagick.rubyforge.org/]RMajick[/url] is the way to go

hannes stockner wrote:
> i have an file upload in my rails app and i'm saving the picture in the
> filesystem.
> i need to validate if the uploaded picture have a certain width and
> height.
>
> how can i do this
>
> thank you very much
Hannes S. (Guest)
on 2006-04-25 15:02
it is also possible with tkimage?

Mick S. wrote:
> [url=http://rmagick.rubyforge.org/]RMajick[/url] is the way to go
>
> hannes stockner wrote:
>> i have an file upload in my rails app and i'm saving the picture in the
>> filesystem.
>> i need to validate if the uploaded picture have a certain width and
>> height.
>>
>> how can i do this
>>
>> thank you very much
Mick S. (Guest)
on 2006-04-25 15:08
Yes - you won't need to install the base applications either